I don’t need to tell you that a good boyfriend can be hard to find. So when I stumbled on the ideal version, I had to share. The slim boyfriend jean at Uniqlo checks all the boxes for me on what makes a great boyfriend jean.
They’re flattering– not too tight, not too baggy and hold their shape well. The rise is a bit below the belly button. Both shades of “blue” are versatile with just a bit of distressing. They hit me right at my ankles– perfect with boots, booties, heels and sneakers. And you can’t beat the price at under $40. Continue reading
I was in New York this past week, staying in the East Village with one of my dearest friends and visiting my other favorite New Yorkers. Now that I live in Oregon, I don’t make it to New York all that often. But I keep a running list of new ideas and old favorites for when I do. And my favorite way to explore NY is on foot, so I don’t miss a thing.
Besides the photos and memories, it’s always nice to bring a little piece of New York back with me.
All things cozy yet refined feel very right now. Here are a few items that strike the perfect balance:
- I can’t wait to get my hands on Flavor Flours— an exploration of non-wheat flours by baking genius Alice Medrich. This has “new favorite baking cookbook” potential written all of over it.
- I want to wear these wide-ish leg, cropped, pleated and pinstriped wool pants everywhere and with everything this fall.
- I cannot tell you how good this Smoked Tea Vanilla botanical syrup is. I’ve been putting it on vanilla ice cream, in my earl grey tea and chai lattes, whipped with heavy cream for desserts, in hard cider, ginger beer and whiskey. This would also be a win on a sweet potato or baked into desserts like pumpkin bread. It has a few simple ingredients that mingle together to give you a smoky-sweet and complex, yet subtle flavor. Handcrafted by two amazing women in Portland, but also available in Seattle, Denver, New York, and online. They have two other delicious flavors, plus a gift set of all three if you can’t decide (great present!).
- The folks at Kate Spade Saturday have nailed it with this gorgeous Colorblock A Satchel. I love the black/rosewood color combination. It’s rich and sophisticated, neutral enough to go with everything, but not at all boring. And it’s the perfect medium size.
- These homey stoneware plates are both pretty and rustic. Their simple design is elevated by thoughtful details– the eye-catching design around the side, and the 1″ lip that helps make sure you’re dinner stays put while you’re cozying up on the couch. They’re made in Portland by Kati Von Lehman and available only on Provisions.